Adventures in Ethical Consumerism

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Bye bye, Blogger

Adventures in Ethical Consumerism is undergoing transformation. I'm moving to a new address on the web, thanks to the kind donation of web space from Firefly International. That means I'll be leaving Blogger, my gracious host for the past few months.

I found Blogger to be an excellent tool for getting started and I would recommend it to anyone who's ever been tempted to blog. Blogger can get you started publishing online within a couple of minutes. It's easy to use and the help files are very good when you want to learn more. And their email support is great; I'll miss that.

I'm going open-source. I've acquired some open-source blogging software called Wordpress, which is free to non-profits such as this.It looks like a fine example of how good open-source programming can be. With Wordpress, Adventures in Ethical Consumerism is going to look cooler and also be easier to use.

The new site under development is at: www.ethicaladventures.org

I'd really appreciate any feedback or help you may be able to offer. I've managed to get the header looking good on the Safari and Mozilla browsers (on Mac, at least), but when I looked on a Windows PC using Internet Explorer, I was disappointed: things were in the wrong place. I didn't know what to do.

Wordpress is probably never going to be as simple as Blogger. I'm managing to figure out a certain amount, but the help files are less idiot-proofed, as is the whole thing generally. It seems playtime is over.

If you're a Wordpress expert and you're willing to lend a hand, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home