Adventures in Ethical Consumerism

Monday, October 25, 2004

The show must go on

I haven't been posting much over the past three or four weeks. To be honest, I've been feeling a tad overwhelmed. When I started this blog, it was intened for a fairly local audience. I was going to put down things that are related to my ordinary everyday shopping: the shops I go to, the products I buy, and those that I don't, and why.

Thanks to the splendid Site Meter, I have been able to have an idea of who is reading the blog. Well, not who, exactly, but I can usually tell where about in the world my readers are. And they are from all over! I haven't had much feedback from the people I actually know here in Edinburgh, and that has been a disappointment, but it was incredible to see that people from different countries are reading the blog regularly. I didn't expect this!

In the past few weeks, I have been thinking about the blog in a different way; trying to find a way to write about the bigger issues in ethical consumerism, not just the individual products on the shelves. But the fact is, I'm not ready to write about the bigger issues yet. I have a whole lot more research and learning to do first.

So I'm going to get back to writing about the little things. For the moment, it's what feels right to me. If you are reading this in New Zealand or elswhere in the world, and the products I'm writing about are irrelevant to you - I'm sorry!!! All I can say is: "Watch this space..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home